As Chief Advisor, Robbie McAfoos shares key learnings from his 20+ year career with the executive team and focuses on special projects that show growth potential.
Robbie has been integral to the growth and expansion of Barrios over the past two decades. He has served in several leadership positions – spanning Technology, Business Development, and Contracts Management.
Robbie holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Tennessee and a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Minnesota. Furthermore, he has Project Management Professional and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certifications.
WHAT SETS US APART
- 42+ years as a Federal government prime contractor, primarily to NASA.
- Partner to a diverse customer and industry base across government and commercial space sectors.
- 650+ employees delivering broad experience and technical expertise.
- A woman-owned business that maintains a legac y of excellence.
- Small business agility with robust business infrastructure.
- ISO9001 and AS9100 Certified.
- Consistently awarded ‘Excellent’ performance scores on prime contracts to NASA.
NASA Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year Award
NASA / JSC Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award
SBA Region 6 Prime Contractor of the Year & Subcontractor of the Year Awards
Boeing Supplier of the Year Award
Each year, the Barrios EMY Award, named after our founder, Emyré Barrios Robinson, recognizes an employee who
contributes beyond the workplace in service to the community.
An employee whose efforts exemplify our Barrios Value of Social Responsibility, is committed to making a long-lasting
positive impact and doing good for society around them, and consistently demonstrates an unyielding dedication
to community service and improving the lives of others.
Robbie is a proud father and grandfather. As well as spending time with family, Robbie enjoys relaxing on the water, jogging, and being active.